Firmly Rooted firmly believes that it never has been, nor will it ever be, “about us.”
We believe that we are in a community much larger than those that gather on Sunday mornings! Our community is Oxford, MI, Oakland County, the United States and the world at large.
Because it’s not about us, but rather, “all about them,” we take Outreach and Service very seriously.
Locally, Firmly Rooted:
- The past two years, Firmly Rooted has collected school supplies and filled about 300 new backpacks with new supplies that low-income Oxford Schools students need for the first day of school
- We implemented a Literacy Program at a local elementary school to help boost the reading levels of students at-risk. Volunteer Mentors meet with their student either once or twice a week after school for an hour to build relationships, read out loud, and play games that build literacy
- In Spring 2017, the men of Firmly Rooted re-built the roofs for the dugouts for the Oxford High School baseball field
- Firmly Rooted partners with Love, Inc. of North Oakland County to get vital resources to those in need
- Every year, on the Saturday before Easter, Firmly Rooted sponsors a free community Easter Egg Hunt at Centennial Park, with candy and sticker-filled eggs, face-painting, balloon animals, music, and a visit from the Easter Bunny!
Firmly Rooted also helps support programs in Pontiac, such as:
- providing mentors for the Center for Success after school Literacy Program
- providing donations to outreach by the Power Company Kids Club
- supporting the work of St.Paul Lutheran Church, Pontiac
- Firmly Rooted supports pastoral students, pastors and missionaries throughout the country
Internationally…click on the Haiti ministry link for more info!